The Vale wants to help the hurting by offering healing through Bible-based support and encouragement groups that meet on campus on Wednesday nights from 6:30 – 7:45 PM. Each group below is designed to meet a specific need but all groups offer Biblical instructions and loving support because each participant is significant because each is loved by God; each created in His likeness and image. Just know that we care! See the class listings below.
- Leader – Patrick Simpson
- Description – This group is designed to help people manage anger by identifying possible triggers and to find possible solutions; formulating and implementing a plan to divert strong emotions away from its normal outlet.
- Classroom – C105a
- Specifics – This is an open group, anyone can join at any time. Cost of workbook: $13
- Leader – Denise Howell
- Description – This class will teach the participant how to walk through a valley of grief and heartache and be supported through the journey. The program’s primary function is to provide a place to find healing and hope when encountering the death/loss of a loved one or family member.
- Classroom – CA101
- Specifics – This is an open group, anyone can join at any time.
- Leader – James Bell
- Description – Participants are enabled to overcome any life-controlling problem through a 12-step, faith-based, Christ-centered learning program similar to the format used by A.A. groups. Life’s hurts and hang-ups are dealt with in a group setting with each participant sharing personal struggles and offering encouragement for others as they face their own issues. (Sharing publicly although recommended, is optional and up to each individual.)
- Classroom – A106
- Specifics – This is an open group, anyone can join at any time. Cost of the workbook: $10.00.
For more information on our Life Encouragement Groups, contact Mickey Henderson, Pastor of Spiritual Development.